NATIONAL MISSION ON TRANSFORMATIVE
MOBILITY AND STORAGE
The aim of the mission is to drive strategies for transformative mobility and Phased Manufacturing Programmes for electric vehicles, electric vehicle Components and Batteries. Following are the key roles and roadmap envisaged under the mission:
- Drive strategies for transformative mobility and Phased Manufacturing Programmes for electric vehicles, electric vehicle Components and Batteries.
- Creating a Phased Manufacturing Program (PMP) to localize production across the entire electric vehicle value chain.
- Details of localization will be finalized by the Mission with a clear Make in India strategy for the electric vehicle components as well as battery.
- The Mission will coordinate with key stakeholders in Ministries/ Departments/states to integrate various initiatives to transform mobility in India.
- Phased battery manufacturing roadmap with initial focus on large-scale module and pack assembly plants and Gigascale integrated cell manufacturing.
- Ensuring holistic and comprehensive growth of the battery manufacturing industry in India through PMP.
- Preparing roadmap for enabling India to leverage its size and scale to produce innovative, competitive multimodal mobility solutions that can be deployed globally in diverse contexts.
- Roadmap for transformative mobility in “New India” by introducing a sustainable mobility ecosystem and fostering Make-in-India.