Host State's Policies - West Bengal
Alternate Energy, Renewable Energy, Energy, Solar Energy, Wind Energy, Hydrogen, BioEnergy, Biofuels, Green Energy, Geothermal Energy, Hydroelectricity, Nuclear Energy, Wave Energy, Batteries, Battery, Energy Storage, New Energy, Clean Energy, Energy Transition, Sustainable Future, Solar Panels, Trade Show, Power Generation, Green Power, Sustainable Power
- There are 250-300 days of clear sun with an available average radiation of 4 to 6 kWh/sq.metre over a day. There is a capacity to generate 1.5 million units/MW/year through solar photovoltaic systems & up to 2.5 million units/MW/ year through solar thermal systems.
- Investor-friendly policies of the Government of Maharashtra and technical viability of demonstration projects have attracted private investment of more than Rs. 11895 crore in the wind sector so far.
- To enhance attractiveness of investment in this sector the Ministry of Finance is extending exemption on excise duty & levying concessional custom duty over equipments and machinery purchased by the investors for developing a new cogeneration power projects.
- For waste-to-energy reimbursement towards expenses incurred on evacuation arrangement maximum upto Rs. 1 Cr/ project after commissioning the project. Electricity Duty – exempted for captive consumption upto 10 years from date of commissioning.
- A number of policies promoting power generation from alternate energy sources like solar, wind, bioenergy, hydro etc. are also in place.